Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Return of the King

That's right, it's time, and he's back. The king of all gnomes, the pint-sized powerhouse, the midget madman, the hostess with the mostest. Wait...that last one....nevermind.



Anyway, I finally got around to re-rolling my favorite of my characters, Button, affectionately subtitled "the World Eater" by his former guildmates. Due to an unfortunate incident with an old friend (who turned out, oddly enough, to not be so much friend as "jackass"), my old account, containing the original versions of both Button and Sannhet, was rendered inoperable.

I since, as you (hopefully) know by now, rolled Sannhet again, this time reincarnated as a retadin rather than one of those pansy healer-types (<3). I've rolled other alts too, but as the stockpile of warrior related heirlooms stockpiled-up in my bank, I realized that even subconsciously I missed the old short stuff.

I have a lot of memories of the little bastard, and he even had his own brief stint as a recurring personality in the infamous Dark Iron trade chat (it's better than Saturday Night Live and worse than Catwoman...stop by some time, you'll see what I'm getting at). He lead a guild, raided BT, and even hit a decent rating in the arena. Basically...he was just a lot of fun.

Although I play....well let's just call it not very often....when I do pop on for a minute or two I log in to Button. I haven't touched my main, except to send Button gold, in the better part of a month, and to be honest, I don't care. In fact, I'm not even sure what the point of this post is other than to share the fact that I started an alt that was formerly my main that I missed and has nostalgia oozing from every pore.

I'm sure we all have that one character, class, zone, dungeon, raid, item, etc. that just brings back old memories. Sure, it's a game, but there's real emotions, up and down, tied to it, whether in a small or large way.

And so, I leave you with this, a warning to NPCs, raid bosses, and Horde everywhere: Button's back.

Hail to the king, baby.



- Button, The World Eater

7 comments:

Ratshag said...

Huzzah!

Anonymous said...

/cheer

Anonymous said...

yay! button's back.

/add back to friends list.

Anonymous said...

::cheering::

If he's the one who talks to you, then he's the one you play. :) and I'm glad to see you happy and playing him. :)

Ayashi said...

Hurray Button! :D

Sir Sannhet said...

I just want you all to know that your comments made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I had to kill SEVERAL bares before it went away.

But your enthusiasm is much appreciated :D.

Level 40 and rapidly advancing!

Anonymous said...

zomg.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/march/03_21_29.jpg