So, it starts with Vault 10. I'm leader. We have a tank, a healer, and DPS. We quickly fill the other spots until all we need is an OT. A person leaves after I invite a friend to OT, meaning their friend won't get in. No big, he was DPS. Fill the spot, go in. Get whispered during the first pull to kick "some scrub" so jerk DPS who left can OT with his friend healing him. Um, no. We're full. Bye.
Vault 10 goes down without a hitch past the singular whisper.
25 is where it gets ugly.
I'm filling spots, doing my best to get this moving smoothly. We have plenty of time, so no rush. I get all the necessary people and then it's just DPS. The raid pretty much went downhill from there.
The following occurred in painful fashion:
- Rogue attempts to get me to kick another rogue so he can have sole shot at rogue gear. I refuse, and he demands to be given any rogue gear that drops. I tell him loot will be given out based on rolls, and if he doesn't like it, he can leave. He stays.
- I have to kick a shaman out of the raid because I didn't notice I had invited someone from a guild known to be complete and utter asshats and ninjas (and be proud of it). For the record, if you play on Dark Iron (US) Alliance side, do not group with Scorpion Kick members or you will regret it. And please, stop giving them the attention they want. If you have to say anything, simply state that they are ninjas, and then ignore them.
- First try at Archavon the OT d/c's twice, leaving the DPS helpless and dead. The boss enrages, we go down, people leave.
- Turns out that the rogue who the other had wanted to kick has only done 800 DPS. As a rogue. At level 80. They leave, and I feel torn between the fact that they really did not belong there at all and that I had done both the right and wrong thing by not booting them because the other rogue asked me, but diminishing the raid by bringing along someone who could not pull their own weight.
- Second try on Archavon, DPS on the steps bug out the boss so he evades the new OT's taunts. DPS die, we wipe. Start over, have to get more DPS for people who leave. Instance is close to reset.
- Invite a hunter who will not get off the steps despite raid warnings before engagement and three during the fight. He is removed from the raid.
- Archavon goes down with less than three minutes to distribute loot before instance reset. Loot is handed out quickly, people are rezzed as fast as possible, and everyone gets everything before we are ported out.
- Upon porting out, it's found that, despite the Master Looter having clicked her name prior to being ported, a priest did not receive her robes. Or her badges.
- I die inside.
This disaster stands in stark contrast to the PUG 25 and 10 I lead two weeks before, which went off without a hitch and everyone was nice, did what they were supposed to and stayed connected. It seemed like the night of the pushy individuals, as when we did pug OS 10 (no drakes) later, the healer who "had to leave in 20 minutes" kept trying to boss the tank around.
At least I got my Protodrake Whelp this morning out of my very first egg.