Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Beta: First Impressions

While I haven't had too much time to play the beta due to the arrival of my step siblings from Ireland and general scrambling for employment, I do have some good news. Though my computer cannot handle running video at the same time as beta, I do have a Resto Druid friend who will be recording various things for me to post on the blog.

As well, BRK and a few of his friends, including me, will be heading into five mans as soon as our schedules align, and I'll be able to give a little bit of a better idea on how healing feels under pressure.

Everything is a little different in WoW now, even things on the scale of Stormwind Bank (which is really pretty but a little glitchy inside). The new water graphics look good, but also kind of inconsistent with the rest of the graphics. It may just take some getting used to.


I've done a little questing as a Resto Druid, and it isn't any easier or any more difficult than it has been before, except for the introduction of Insect Swarm to all builds. Yes, I have leveled as Resto since level 60 and I'm not changing for this expansion.

I also ran around and did a few levels of Worgen and Goblin. This has to be my favorite point of incompleteness so far:


If the stars align soon and we're able to go five man running on a relatively stable server, I'll have more information for you. Until then!

4 comments:

Simon said...

I am looking forward to hear more about the healing in dungeons/pve. of course it's going to be hard without a decent talent build if you see what talents you're stuck with on the Beta realms.

I'm guessing ToL isn't finalized yet on the Beta? I heard that Druid were very bugged.

Ratshag said...

Hahahahaha. Yay movies!

Joar said...

I would love to try healing in the beta, but I'm not sure how it would go without all of my normal addons installed. Kind of amazing how we come to rely on these things, but I'm honestly not sure how I would do without Grid and Clique and the information that I have them set up to provide me.

Anonymous said...

Do you think you can post a pic of the way the new gear looks like? i cant find any, thanks :)