Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mad as Hell

I'm sorry for the radio silence as of late, but there's been a lot going on in my life that I've needed to take care of. Just to let you know, I'm still here, I'm still playing, and I will be writing again soon.

However, nothing is more discouraging than getting scraped. And not only getting scraped, but finding out about it four months after the fact.

What does it mean to be scraped? It means someone lifted an entire article of mine, reposted it on their site without linking back to me and, in this case, they added in a sentence in the middle linking to all their services.

These services include selling WoW gold.

I am, excuse my French, fucking pissed, and will be working on fixing this. I want their site shut down. Not only is what they're doing illegal, but they're making a profit by stealing my work.

Not. Happening.

I refuse to link to them so they gain traffic. I will be doing something about this.

If you want more information on scraping, I suggest reading this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

F'n scumbags...

I got hit up nicely last night... as did several Pally blogs, Skeleton Jack and Larisa...

I was watching the posts get scraped...

I get pingback, refresh their site, there's my post...

While the tech support at the hosting company was friendly and helpful... the legal department and their requirement of proof is designed to put you off.

I have a theory about this, which will be shared later today.

Kayeri said...

I dont blame you, Bell, I'd be just as pissed if it were my blog it was happening to!

We're still here and playing, too, and we'll be here when you're done doing what you need to.

Anonymous said...

/hugs!

I'm so sorry to hear about that =(

Zaralin said...

Damn! Sorry to hear that. Give them hell!